This Page

has been moved to new address

gone missing.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: gone missing.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

gone missing.

sometime between thanksgiving & christmas something happened.

my usually perky, happy-go-lucky six year old son {pictured below} went missing.


i don't know where he went, why he left or what even happened, but the little boy who came back to take his place is NOT the same child.

sweet aidan has been replaced by his alter ego. and, i don't like him {i'm allowed to say that, i'm his momma after all}. i want the aidan pictured above to come back home.



this whiney, naughty and, overall, emotionally & psychologically grating little boy {pictured below} has become my son.

{granted, this picture is about a year old, but this is, indeed, the aidan i'm dealing
with...sad face, tears & all...just minus the chocolate milk mustache}

my nerves are shot, y'all. thank goodness school is back in session because aidan's been quite the character lately. perhaps he's regressing back to his toddlerhood, but DAMN, i don't remember him being this irritating even during the terrible two's & torturous three's!

don't get me wrong, he's still polite, uses his manners and is relatively pleasant to be around. but, watch out, in the blink of an eye he's a crying, blubbering mess. he's a whiner. he's a poor sport. he's not satisfied with anything. his temper tantrums are exhausting. thank goodness they aren't physical...it's not like he's flailing himself on the floor. oh, wait. he is.

there's not enough room in this house for such ridiculousness. besides, doesn't he know that mommy is the only one allowed to have these kind of meltdowns? y'all , he's turning my gray hairs white.

seriously.

i miss my joyful aidan. my goofy aidan. my silly aidan.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

Maybe I'm not ready for one of these....

But seriously I'm so sorry!! I hope your sweet, kind Aiden returns soon!! I can only imagine how taxing this has to be for you. Sending you prayers! xoxo

Jan 5, 2010, 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Under this Umbrella said...

I have sent the search parties out.

I think your MIA son might be travelling with mine...strength is better in numbers.

WE WILL WIN...WE WILL FIND OUR SWEET, SWEET BOYS!!!

Jan 5, 2010, 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Classy Fab Sarah said...

I think the stress of the holidays throws lots of kids out of whack... hopefully the routine of the familiar has him feeling more like himself SOON!

Jan 5, 2010, 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

oh man...the joys of being a mom! I def. don't have those joys yet BUT I don't think I am jealous. I hope things get better for you and that your sweet Aidan comes back "to life" soon! I bet you didn't think you'd be thanking God for school to be back in session. haha!

Jan 5, 2010, 7:00:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, those pictures had my dying of laughter! Only b/c I know all too well...Isabella is probably his partner in all of this.

{{hugs}} and vino, momma! xoxo

Jan 5, 2010, 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Beth Dunn said...

They have a way of disappearing. Holidays can be overwhelming and could be coming down with something. Stay strong. We don't have to always like them to love them. xoxo

SC

Jan 6, 2010, 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger CIP said...

Ohh no! Hopefully him getting back into the school routine will whip him back into shape! I hope you get your sweet son back soon!

Jan 6, 2010, 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home