This Page

has been moved to new address

d-e-s-s-e-r-t-s

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: d-e-s-s-e-r-t-s

Monday, August 2, 2010

d-e-s-s-e-r-t-s

that's stressed spelled backwards.

currently, there are five tubs of this in my freezer:


yes, your eyes did not deceive you - i said f-i-v-e tubs.  i'm a sucker for those 'buy 2, get 3 free' sales {when i know that i'm really not getting anything for free}. 

i am stressed.  there's no doubt about that.  ice cream helps keep some of my stress & tension at bay.  okay, it really doesn't do anything except satisfy my sweet tooth.

the stress will work itself out, i suppose.  but, sometimes, it just doesn't seem like it works out fast enough.

money is tight {when is it not?}.  i'm ashamed to admit that we're still not quite used to making less money than we were.  well, i guess in a way we are, but it's still hard.  i mean, imagine having your income cut in half.  then, imagine your spouse's income being cut in half...ouch, right?  and, it pisses me off to hear people talk about how they hate hearing other people moan & groan about money being tight.  those are the people who usually assume other people's financial shortfalls are due to overspending {when really people are always going to complain about money whether they have it or not}.  my husband & i are not stretched to our financial limit due to overspending.  yes, i did treat myself to my area's groupon deal today, but 10 yoga classes for $25 is a steal {and a good stress reliever, too!}.

school starts in 28 days.  school for me, that is.  my financial aid situation hasn't worked itself out yet...i'm still waiting to hear about that.  i have to buy books & a ridiculously priced parking pass {grrr...}.  i also have to fit in 30 hours of observation time in my already hectic schedule.  i'm nervous & excited.  i know it's going to be worth it in the end {if only it were the spring of 2012 now!}.

lots has been going on within our family.  those that are close to me already know what i am talking about and those who follow the private blog also know what i'm talking about.

although i'm currently working {part-time} i am still viciously trying to find a job closer to home and, now that i'm headed back to school to complete a masters in early childhood education, i've been applying for vacancies within my city's school system.  keep your fingers crossed, please.  the stress of applying for jobs is enough to drive a person crazy!

i know that things will be okay.  i know things will not always be this hard.  i know that i'll look back on this time and really appreciate the struggle & the fight.  until then, i'm just going to keep on eating ice cream.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry girl, praying for you! Life is tough, always is and always will be. And I definitely feel for you with school and financial aid and those ridiculously priced books and parking passes!!

Aug 3, 2010, 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I hope these next few weeks bring you some relief and peace of mind! And I say keep eating the ice cream - it always makes me feel better!

Aug 3, 2010, 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

buy 2 get 3 free sounds good to me, girl! I'd do it too! I am sorry that you're stressed. I totally understand the feeling of money being tight. It is NO fun. I hope that school goes well for you and then you get a great job that is close to home!

Aug 7, 2010, 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger Brittany Ann said...

After the week we had last week, I, too, ate way more ice cream than should be considered normal. Perfectly fine, albeit caloricly expensive, therapy if you ask me.

Aug 8, 2010, 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home