This Page

has been moved to new address

the simple things - 1st edition.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: the simple things - 1st edition.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

the simple things - 1st edition.

i'm following my favorite workaholic momma's lead & linking up with jesslyn amber to share with you all some of the things that i'm appreciative for this week.  sometimes in life, we need to slow down & realize that it's the simple things in life that really matter the most.


this week i'm appreciative for...
  • a quiet, semi-clean home. that will all change this weekend...
  • phone calls from my kids oozing with excitement about standing on the hurricane deck at niagara falls during the cave of the winds tour.
  • my awesome parents who have not only kept my children for the last two weeks, but have also traveled with them to boston & toronto.
  • walks on the beach with this guy & these two pups:

  • meeting new friends & having the opportunity to spend time with a good friend.
  • hearing color me badd on the radio {really, i did!}
  • catching up on three weeks worth of laundry {never mind that some of it needs to be put away}.
  • the bounty of cucumbers from our garden & the satisfaction that comes from NOT having to wash layers of wax or chemicals off of them before we eat them.
  • knowing that our patio is alllllllllmost finished:
{there's efflorescence in the brick - they were factory seconds - and my bricklayer husband doesn't mind it.}
  • snuggles with the pups.
  • gloomy, rainy mornings...
  • having the television set to a channel other than nickelodeon or disney.
  • running into my former {now retired} boss from my first big girl job after college {he was behind me in the checkout line at target}.
  • free froyo for two thanks to a coupon & menchie's money.
  • this guy...even though he ate a pair of my shoes last week {my lily mckim's} & completely destroyed our okra plants yesterday:

what simple things are you appreciative for?
link up with jesslyn amber.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Love it!

Jun 30, 2011, 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous lauryn said...

Your blog is so cute! I really like the pattern of the brick for your patio. It looks great!

I'm feeling appreciative of this gorgeous weather, Skinnygirl Margarita, and my job :)

Jun 30, 2011, 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

great blog :)

Jun 30, 2011, 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger La Creative Latina Diva said...

Oh Shell...I LOVE IT!! So fresh and bright and neat. Colors are awesome. Doesn't it make you happy. Good work and hope you have a happy Friday. Doggies are too cute, again! :)

Jul 1, 2011, 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jesslyn Amber said...

Ahhh! I love this whole list! So awesome. How cool that you live near the beach and are able to take romantic walks like that. SO sweet. :)

And fresh cucumbers?! One of the best things in life!!

Thank you so much for linking up with me! :)

Jul 5, 2011, 8:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home