This Page

has been moved to new address

i'm alive

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: i'm alive

Thursday, October 1, 2009

i'm alive

this song warms my .

not only because it's two of my faves singing a duet - kenny chesney & dave matthews - but because it's a very meaningful song. especially for me right now. of course, i'm not quite at the point where i can actually breathe a sigh of relief, but still. i'm slowly getting there {i really am trying to learn how to just "let go"}. i just feel that it pretty much sums up the feelings swirling inside of me - especially the verse that is in bold {see below}.



So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive and well

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you've sat and watch go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me... I'm alive

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive and well
I'm alive and well

Stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight
But this boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I'm alive and well

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
Now I'm alive and well
Yeah I'm alive and well

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Love the song.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Thoughts & hugs your way!

Oct 1, 2009, 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oh girl, hang in there! thank you a million times for posting this song! i didn't know it existed and these are, of course, my two fave music men!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the song. describes my life pretty accurately right now also :) hope today is great for you!

Oct 1, 2009, 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda K said...

Great song! Thanks for sharing.

Hope all is well.

Oct 1, 2009, 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Brittany Ann said...

Love this song! And just like you, I totally try to learn from it. I need its lesson.

Hang in there!

Oct 1, 2009, 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Always turn up the volume when this song comes on! Love it! Hope everything turns out well.

Oct 1, 2009, 9:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home