This Page

has been moved to new address

Do you hear what I hear?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Do you hear what I hear?

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Do you hear what I hear?

{Not to be confused with this similarly titled post that was written not so long ago...}

I woke up this morning in a panic. A panic panic. It wasn't one of those "sit upright in bed & wonder why you're still there because you think you've overslept and are late to work but it's really the weekend" type of things. No. It was worse than that. And, honestly, it probably would have been better if it were that.

You see, I woke up this morning and heard the strangest thing. It was enough to wake me from a nice slumber. The sound sent chills down my spine. For a moment, I was absolutely terrified.

It was my husband.

The sound coming from his mouth had me worried & a bit confused at the same time.

The man was whistling. And, he wasn't whistling just anything...the man was whistling Christmas carols. More specifically, he was whistling "Silver Bells."

It was shocking. I mean, this is a man who firmly believes in having one holiday at a time...you don't mix them, you don't start celebrating one before the other...you don't do anything Christmas-y before Thanksgiving.

But, still, he was whistling "Silver Bells." Later on, the kids & I were serenaded with his rendition of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus."

This just confirms that the holidays are - indeed - upon us. I blame the woman at the bank on Friday evening for jump-starting my panic reminding me that once Thanksgiving comes & goes, well, Christmas is a mere three weeks away. And, I blame my Christmas carol whistling husband for reaffirming that.

Needless to say, our 'ho ho ho' things will be coming out of the attic this coming weekend. We may still be comatose from the turkey, but you had best believe that the hubs will be stringing lights on the roof and I'll be shuffling around our living room furniture to make room for the tree. I'll also begin stressing out about how I haven't searched high & low for THE perfect matching PJs for the kidlets to wear {as they have every year...except for one year when I completely snailed on the whole matchy-matchy Christmas PJ thing} for our holiday card.

Oh, speaking of cards, don't forget to get on my holiday card list {I'm checking it twice...really, I am, because two of you will receive a lil' something extra!}...I'll be mailing out holiday cards the 2nd week of December.

Is it just me or does it seem as if the holidays come faster & faster every year?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Your kids wear PJs in your Christmas card picture?? AAAA! I LOVE it! I may steal that idea. You know, in 10 years when we are finally ready for kids....

Nov 23, 2009, 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Potts said...

Oh, I can & will sing Christmas songs in July. But they just make me happy.

Nov 23, 2009, 4:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home