This Page

has been moved to new address

hi friends!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: hi friends!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

hi friends!

whether you are new to my lil' slice of the internet pie or if you've been watching my blog evolve...




i figured it would be fun to share a few things with my readers.  some of you may already know these juicy random tidbits.  others may not.  and, yes, i am totally copying what rachel did because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?
  1. i get lazy on the weekends.  i mean, really lazy.  if we're not headed out or if we're not having people over, then don't expect me to shower, wash my hair or put on makeup.  i may not even change out of my pj's.  don't worry, though, i still brush my chompers.
  2. i am about as unorganized as they come.  but, there is a method to my chaotic mish-mosh.  too bad i'm the only one who can figure it out.  and, now that i'm returning to school to become a teacher, well, i need to mend my unorganized ways.
  3. as much as i love the summertime, i love autumn even more - there's something about that cool, crisp fall air.  it's cleansing & refreshing for the soul, i think.
  4. i have dimples.  it cracks me up when people ask me, "did you know you have dimples?"  um, i've only been staring at this same face in the mirror for close to 33 years now...
  5. i am half chinese and i am very, very, VERY bad at using chopsticks.  when we go to eat dim sum {or yum cha} or go to eat at any asian restaurant for that matter, i always ask for a fork.
  6. i mentioned in point #2 that i'm returning to school to become a teacher.  grad school starts in less than three weeks.  i'm nervous as hell.  i'm also excited.  i've been putting off the inevitable for so long now.  if i had not dropped out of grad school back in 2007, i would be teaching by now. 
  7. i have this thing about my nose.  i mess with it all the time.  it's like i've got some rogue nose hair or something.  someone even asked me if i dabble in the nose candy because i mess with my nose so much.  um, no.  aside from breathing {which is some vital shit}, this nose is 'exit only.'
  8. i have a potty mouth.  it's bad.  it's so bad that i can't even do one of those 'drop a quarter in a jar each time you say a bad word' deals because i would owe money to the jar.  my favorite cuss word rhymes with duck.  i also say shit a lot.  shit, shit, shit.
  9. i enjoy road trips.  especially road trips in the spring/early summer.  windows down.  sunroof open.  radio blasting.  not a care in the world.  just pack up the car, buckle up the kids & go.  it's even better when the destination is hatteras island, nc.
  10. this blog as seriously veered off of the mommy blogger path it was originally on.  i guess it's because my kids have been at my parents house since father's day {jealous??} & i haven't had any good material to exploit them with.  don't worry...this, too, shall pass.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Ahh!! We have so much in common!! I seriously feel SO much better after reading your #1!!!! I am the same exact way!!!!!!!!!

Fall is coming soon!! Woohoo!!! :D

Aug 10, 2010, 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Give me a lazy Sunday and I’m the same as you. It feels good too, doesn’t it? :)

I didn’t know you were going back to school…congrats on that! Fall is my absolute favorite season and after this hot summer, I’m looking forward to it.

That is funny about people asking you about dimples and your nose fiddling.

I need to clean up this potty mouth and say some of the same choice words as you.

I need a road trip. I need any trip as long as I’m away from home for a few days!

Aug 10, 2010, 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger BroncoMom said...

Who can BEAT those lazy days of summer pj's and all!!!!

Aug 10, 2010, 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Good luck with your return to school!

Aug 10, 2010, 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I take this copying as a compliment :)

Aug 16, 2010, 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home