This Page

has been moved to new address

friday flotsam & jetsam.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: friday flotsam & jetsam.

Friday, September 2, 2011

friday flotsam & jetsam.

this is the post where i have diarrhea of the mouth. not because i'm gonna go all potty mouth on y'all, but because i'm just going to spew ramble on...and on...and on...
  • we're nearly one week post-irene. i don't have pictures to share. we made it through just fine. our yard looked the same as it did when isabel came through. our electricity went out for maybe a few hours...at night. we were lucky. lucky & very fortunate. i'm still praying for people who are without power, who are dealing with crazy floods, property loss & the loss of loved ones. 
  • of course, now i've got my eye on katia. i don't want another crazy train of a tropical system messing with the east coast.
  • school started yesterday. grad school has officially become my life once again. this semester will be busy for me, too, as i'll have two different practicum obligations at two different schools in two different cities. oh, boy.
  • the kids had open house at their school last night. it was bittersweet. they are the new kids. but, we're fortunate that we are good friends with the guidance counselor {she's known me since i was eight!}.
  • i revealed on the twit that adam is getting his g.e.d. this month. spare me the lecture and keep any closed-minded thoughts about high school drop outs off of my blog, okay? my husband made a mistake just over 15 years ago. fortunately, he had a trade to fall back on. sure, being a bricklayer & working in the construction industry might not be glamorous to some, but it pays the bills and - if the economy wasn't in the shitter - it pays well. adam's no longer working in the field, but he is still in construction. he is an estimator/project manager and has been for just over four years. however, now he wants something more: an engineering degree. and, to get that degree, he has to get his g.e.d. so he can go back to school. he missed a perfect score on the placement test by 68 points....i think he's got this. don't you??
  • and, if you're extra super curious, yes, our kids know that their father did not finish high school. there are no secrets in our family. they are just as proud as i am that daddy is taking this step. 
  • i'm baking 100 cupcakes for a friend's son's birthday party. the party is tomorrow. i'll take pictures, i promise! 
  • i'll be 34 in 16 days. that is all.
  • regularly scheduled posts will resume starting next week thanks to that thing called grad school. i'm making myself devote one day a week to getting blog posts lined up for the week. ugh.
  • i'm jumping on the accent vlog train. next week. you know, when i have the house to myself & i don't have to worry about my kids wondering who i'm talking to. ha ha ha! {or, maybe i'll do it today because i'm a sucker & i succumb to bloggy peer pressure sometimes.}
  • psst...only four more days until the most wonderful time of the year!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That is awesome that your hubby is getting his g.e.d. stuff happens in life and all that matters is that he's going for it! better now than never, right?

Sep 2, 2011, 9:56:00 AM  
Blogger the workaholic momma said...

Congrats to your hubs - I think thats great:) Glad to hear you guys survived Irene virtually unscathed as did we...I feel SO lucky!!!

I've thought about jumping on the accent vlog train too...I've always wanted to do a vlog but never knew what I'd say so perhaps I'll try it out!!

Sep 5, 2011, 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Laura said...

It is awesome that your hubs is getting his GED!We made some huge mistakes the first year of college, and now both my husband and I have gone back and will be getting our degrees in 2 more years. I totally understand- stuff happens. I have a feeling he's going to do great on the test!

Sep 12, 2011, 11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home