This Page

has been moved to new address

it's friday! {a.k.a. let's be random}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: it's friday! {a.k.a. let's be random}

Friday, September 16, 2011

it's friday! {a.k.a. let's be random}

best meatballs ever. i make them all the time. this dear friend does, too! i made them last week using ground turkey & almond milk and they were still ridiculously delicious.


oh, i added a "get cooking" tab at the top of my blog. it isn't the greatest list of food ideas, but at least you have everything that i've posted about {thus far} in one central location. go check it out, please.

i woke up in the middle of the night one day last week to let frisco out & got pretty spooked when i saw the biggest moth i've ever seen. it was still on our canopy in the morning. it was a good three inches long {i think}.


speaking of frisco, he jumped into the shower the other morning. i've never bathed with a dog before. it was bizarre. he's a nutty yo-yo, that dog!

speaking of yo-yo's...check out these two...


buxton's big day is october 2nd. not that y'all are keeping tabs on when my pup loses his nuggets or anything.

speaking of dogs, this is the best dog food ever. this sweet friend told me all about it. our boston terriers don't have any skin issues or hot spots now that they've been eating this food. coincidence? maybe. but, it's worth every last dime, in my opinion.


the weather is starting to cool down. at least i think it is. i'm hoping i'll be able to turn off the a.c. this weekend & open the window {even if it is supposed to rain all weekend}. of course, opening the windows means i'll have to clean out the window sills. hmm...maybe i'll just leave the a.c. on.

next weekend, we're packing up to visit these two very important people:

{george...a.k.a. dad}

{mee lee...a.k.a. mom}

i love having old photos of my parents around the house. i wish i had more. i'm going to have to raid my mother's photo stash at some point. malia thinks i look just like my mother in that picture. i'm not 100% convinced. i think i'm a pretty good mix of both of my parents.

{me & my sissy, monica}

school is school. my algebra class is kicking my butt. part of it is because i haven't taken a math course in so long. part of it is because my brain is slow when it comes to math. but, i think the main reason is because my professor just isn't up to par...at least not what i'm used to. of course, anyone who says on the first day of class, "i don't really want to be teaching" {or something to that effect...you get the idea} is setting the class up for disaster, in my opinion.

hopefully, these lil' suckers will help me squeak by with a good grade in algebra:


smarties are my crack. kind of crazy considering i did not like them until about four months ago. i blame it on the temporary job i had earlier this year. i ate a lot of candy {read: smarties} all day long. coloring in scantron bubbles will make you do that.

as for this weekend?

tonight i'm having a girls night with some wonderful friends.

saturday is adam's big day. it's test day. he's going to rock that exam! saturday is a big day for me, too. i'm chopping my hair off. i'm torn between a bob & a pixie. so far, all votes are leaning towards pixie.

sunday is the big day. MY big day. i turn 34. that's six years closer to 40. sigh. but, you know what? i'm okay with this. i think.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could celebrate with you this weekend:) Will have to make up for it next weekend or at some point! Imma thinkin pixie!

RB

Sep 16, 2011, 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Monica @ CreativeGator said...

Happy Birthday! I've been 34 since Feb, it isn't too bad. Can't wait to see pics of your new haircut. I think a pixie would be so cute.

Sep 16, 2011, 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Leading a Colorful Life said...

Thanks for the sweet shout-out! Glad they still love it. Have you tried the sweet potatoes?

Sep 16, 2011, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree with Malia...I think you look just like your mom in that pic!

Sep 17, 2011, 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger AndreaLeigh said...

i need to try those meatballs. what did you serve them with?

Sep 19, 2011, 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home