This Page

has been moved to new address

Calgon, take me away!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Calgon, take me away!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Calgon, take me away!

I have so much going on in my life at the moment. Some days I handle the stress better than other days. And, it seems as if the closer I get to turning 30, the thought of change just does not sit well with me.

Last month my husband quit his job. Quit. Yes, quit. I knew it was coming. He had been unhappy for a while. But, to just quit?? You've got to be kidding, right? Nope. Now, he did not quit just ANY job. He quit the job he has had for the last NINE years. NINE years working for his father & stepmother in the family business. Well, as it turns out his father quit, too. To keep all personal family drama out of the blog the long story made short is this: Adam's father & stepmother are separating and it's caused a big rift in the company. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...Adam and his father are going into business together which brings me to my next stressor...

The waiting. Waiting on things to fall into place. Waiting on paperwork. Waiting on things to happen. Waiting. And waiting and waiting and more waiting.

Fortunately, in the meantime, Adam is passing his time with side jobs and such. And, much to many peoples dismay, he did cash out his 401K which is buying us some financial time as we don't want to rely on it for too long.

So, don't think that I haven't been working this whole time. I mean, yes, I did quit my full-time job back in 2004 in order to stay at home with our children, but I have since returned to work -- but only part-time. Well, in May I decided to be gutsy and go for what I wanted...I had been waiting tables for a while now and I really wanted a steady income that my family could depend on as far as budgeting and bill paying was concerned. So, I stepped up to the plate and took on a management position at the restaurant I have been employed at since October 2006. Should I just cut to the chase and say my last day at the restaurant is July 1st?! The 50-60 hour work weeks (primarily at night) have taken a toll on me. It's been a great experience and I'm forever grateful for it, but it's definitely NOT for someone with a family...especially a family with two young children.

On that note, I'm excited to say that I'll be working with Adam and his father. I'll basically run the office for the new company. I'll be working from home. Eeek. I've come full circle. I was a full-time working mother (working away from home, that is). I became a stay at home mom. I became a stay at home mom who worked part-time and now I'll be a full-time working FROM home mom. Whoa.

So, yeah, there's a lot going on. A lot of new and exciting things are on the horizon for our family. Some of it is pretty unpredictable. Some of it is to be expected. Either way, this is my hubby's dream -- to be a business owner -- and I will stand by him no matter how frazzled my nerves become.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home