This Page

has been moved to new address

Mother's Day - Take Two

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Mother's Day - Take Two

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day - Take Two

It's just after 11pm and, as usual, I am up at the computer. The house is quiet. All I hear is the hum of the computer and a commercial on the television. Other than that, nothing else is going on. Nothing at all.

Because I am alone and I just don't feel like doing anything else.

The hubs has headed to North Carolina for, hopefully, a successful fishing trip. I am going to dream tonight of Yellowfin Tuna and dolphin (no, not Flipper, but Mahi Mahi or Dorado). The kids are with family - visiting with their great-grandparents who are in town from Florida - and they are spending the weekend with their aunt, er, great aunt.

Why am I here? That's because I have plans for tomorrow. Plans that were made LONG before this impromptu fishing trip came up. For once I didn't have to worry about making arrangements for the kids or worry about having to back out (yet again) on another commitment. The hubs actually took the initiative and got things all worked out. Granted, there were tears shed on my part mainly due to frustration, but I'm happy it's all worked out. Everyone is happy.

I know I am happy. Because I really do enjoy a quiet house.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home