This Page

has been moved to new address

They Were Mistaken...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: They Were Mistaken...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

They Were Mistaken...

I love it when people make mistakes - and they own up to their mistake. I love it even more when someone makes a mistake, accepts responsibility for the mistake and the mistake happens to benefit me in some way. Yeah, I know, it's a pretty selfish way of looking at things, but, hey...we're all like that sometimes whether you care to admit it or not.

Today, a mistake was brought to my attention and it has benefitted our bank account our family BIG TIME.

Last week, the gas company called and left a voice mail message. I sort of brushed it off...it was around 6pm on a Friday when I finally got the message and I didn't recognize the company on the Caller ID (it was different from who our gas company is). I mentioned this to Adam and he sort of brushed it off, too. My parents were in town and they told me to just call the customer service number on my bill rather than the number that was left if I was skeptical about returning the phone call.

The weekend came and went. Monday came around and I never called the gas company back. I guess it all sort of slipped my mind. But, then again, they never called back...

So, today, I decided to call to see just what was going on. I didn't owe them any money. There weren't any discrepancies on our bill (as far as I could tell). I didn't understand why they would be calling.

I'm glad I called. They made a mistake. A huge mistake. A BILLING mistake. Apparently, there was something wrong with our meter and they had to fix it. Consequently, we were incorrectly charged. I got a bit nervous when the woman told me this. I was thinking to myself, "OK, how much do we owe you?"

As it turned out, we didn't owe them a dime. They owed US money. A lot of it. (Like just over $1400!) All I said to the woman was, "Holy cow!"

I am pretty sure there is a bruise on my chin from when it hit my desk. She asked if I wanted it credited to our gas account. Hell no! Are you kidding me?! Cut me a check right now...momma needs a new water heater! (And, even better, our gas company gives out rebates for new water heaters, too!)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that is such a wonderful windfall. i am sure you will put that money to good use. wish i could have some mistake like that happen to me right now.

May 13, 2009, 6:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHA CHING!! WOW!! That is so great for your family!! Wish that would happen to me! lol Enjoy your refund!! :D

May 13, 2009, 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger The Farmers Wife said...

Awesome! I wish our state lottery would call with a message like that for me, ha! Got the box, lots of fun! Thanks so much! It was a nice little pick me up!

May 13, 2009, 7:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how come i'm no longer on your blogroll:(

May 13, 2009, 8:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOOT!!!

Share the love girlie ;)

May 14, 2009, 1:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That's awesome!!

May 14, 2009, 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course, now they are telling me it will be 24-30 days before we see the money. Ugh.

May 21, 2009, 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home