This Page

has been moved to new address

Who Needs Take-Out?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Who Needs Take-Out?

Monday, May 11, 2009

Who Needs Take-Out?

I'm not a chef by any stretch of the imagination. Just ask my closest friends and family and they will tell you. I mean, I have a few staples that I turn to religiously as my "go to" meals and I make them well, but other than that...I'm not that into cooking (now baking, that's more of my thing, but I digress...).

Tonight the hubs wasn't feeling so swell, so I came home and had dinner on the table in LESS than 30 minutes and, YES, I had help:

Mandarin Orange Chicken from Trader Joe's...YUM! I can't find my receipt, but I want to say that this was $4.99 and it makes enough for 5 servings. Let me just say that I have two of the world's pickiest eaters (not all the time, but sometimes) and both children asked for SECONDS tonight. I pan fried the chicken (already breaded) according to package directions. I added in three small heads of broccoli (that cost over $2 at Trader Joe's) that I cut up and cooked that until the broccoli was just tender. I added both bags of sauce directly to the chicken-broccoli mixture, stirred until the sauce was heated through and served over steamed rice (leftover from yesterday's dinner). I swear to you I felt like a gourmet chef and all I had to do was heat this up...it was easy peasy!

If you have a Trader Joe's at your disposal, then I totally recommend that you try this. It made for an easy dinner and I think it's safe to say that it's going to be something we'll eat on a weekly basis.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds YUMMY!! Never heard of Trader Joe's but it's worth looking for! :) Thanks for the comment on my win! I'm adding your button to my page! So cute! Happy late Mother's Day! :D

May 11, 2009, 8:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home