This Page

has been moved to new address

Holding on...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Holding on...

Monday, June 8, 2009

Holding on...

There's just over one week of school left. That's all. Soon it will be summer vacation and my children will not know what hit them - they'll be off until just after Labor Day. This will be their first full summer off. Up until earlier this year, their school was one of four elementary schools in our area that followed a year-round calendar. Well, the school board has done away with year-round schooling and, next year, we revert back to the standard school calendar.


Instead of beginning school at the end of July, they'll head back at the beginning of September. No longer will they get a three week long fall break. Say goodbye to a month off for the winter holidays. And, a three week long spring break? Forget it.


While I'm kind of sad to see the year-round school calendar come to an end, I am looking forward to being able to have more summer fun with my kids. Of course, I say this now...who knows what I'll be saying in a few weeks!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home