This Page

has been moved to new address

Why Isn't Jim Cantore in my Yard?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Why Isn't Jim Cantore in my Yard?

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Why Isn't Jim Cantore in my Yard?

We're under a tornado warning. It's not the first time. It won't be the last time. But, this time, there was a tornado spotted - or at least there was enough rotation in the storm - to justify the warning.

As I type this, there is a ridiculous amount of lightning flashing outside. We called my FIL who lives in northern Virginia Beach where the supposed tornado was spotted...according to The Weather Channel, there is a hook to the storm (times like these make me wish I had paid more attention in Weather & Climate when I was an undergraduate). He said there was nothing to worry about..."Oh, it's just a lot of lightning and some hail." Ha. Never underestimate the power of Mother Nature is my motto.

My husband is outside like a fool. The kids are on the couch listening to Alexandra Steele & Jim Cantore. Malia is worried. She said - and I quote - "I don't want to die tonight, Momma." Bless her heart. Aidan said, "Don't worry, Sis. We're here together and a tornado won't get us."

Aww.

So, I'm shutting down for the night because I love my Vaio too much. I also need to go find the flashlight.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Aw, sweetie, I'm thinking of you guys!

And what sweet little ones you have...too cute!

Go get your flashlight, some candles and I agree--call it a nite :)

Jun 18, 2009, 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

Awww...poor little thing! And her brother is so sweet, so protective! Love it! Praying that all is calm for you guys and that your little ones get some rest tonight! :)

Jun 18, 2009, 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I hit the road just in time to miss the storms in Virginia and Tennessee. Last night I ran out to my car to get something and got drenched-at least I wasn't driving! Today it was 96 and sunny-go figure!

Hoping the storms pass quickly!

Jun 18, 2009, 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

Such CRAZY weather!! I just got my cable/internet phone back - apparently lightening had struck it!! So scary!!!

Glad it's nice out...for now! :) I hope you are having a great weekend!! <3

Jun 20, 2009, 5:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home