This Page

has been moved to new address

It Figures

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: It Figures

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It Figures

Why is it that during the summer months 'good nights' and 'good mornings' are so much easier with the kidlets?? WHY?

So far during this summer vacation we haven't had any issues with bedtime {OK, so we're letting the kids go to bed a teeny, weeny bit later than normal}. We still deal with the occasional complaint about having to brush teeth {good dental hygiene is important}, but after that it's, "Are you going to come tuck me in?" And, in the mornings, I wake up sometimes to find both kids already dressed and on the couch eating cereal and watching TV. Mind you, this is before 7am.

Never, EVER would this happen during the school year.
Oh, no.
Bedtime is always a fight. Someone wants to stay up to watch something or they need to stay up because they didn't have enough time to play. And, don't even get me started about mornings...I guess getting up to get dressed & ready for school seems to be more of a hassle than it really is {of course, I do feel that way about work...sometimes}.

I do remember that it was always like this for me as a kid. However, I could never pinpoint why. It's not like we're off schedule because, well, I do work so the kids are still following a somewhat similar routine as the one during the school year. I just don't get it.

But,

I will enjoy every second of it and cherish these "easy" moments because September will sneak up on us and soon the kids will be headed back to school and the 'good nights' and 'good mornings' will cease to exist.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The exact same thing goes on at my house! Isn't it funny?! Enjoy your summer anyway! What's left of it! :P

Jul 7, 2009, 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

YES! I'm so glad it's not just me. I'm actually getting to work on time now instead of a few minutes late.

Jul 7, 2009, 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home