This Page

has been moved to new address

the one where i ramble on & on.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: the one where i ramble on & on.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the one where i ramble on & on.

blogging. it's starting to feel like a chore & i don't like that. i know y'all know where i'm coming from with this. sometimes you just hit a dead end. or you just have nothing to write about. when in doubt? be random.

first of all, adam k-i-l-l-e-d the g.e.d. exam. seriously, he did. you need an overall average of 450 to pass. his overall average? 682. boom! he applied to our local community college last night. so, this spring, it looks like there will be two of us enrolled in college. it took my husband fifteen years to get to this point & i'm so proud that he did. and, it's good to know that there are people out there who are also proud of him, too!

speaking of school, i hate algebra. that is all. i'm still trying to get adam to do my homework for me. the man is a math whiz. i suppose that's a good thing considering he plans on pursuing a degree in engineering. they have to take some crazy math, yo.

i've been trying really hard to go to bed at a decent time. it helps that my usual late night ritual {a.k.a. watching reruns of the nanny} hasn't been happening. but, that's only because nickelodeon has been playing reruns of that 70's show. believe it or not, i only started watching a few weeks ago & i'm hooked.


i still love me some grandma yetta, though.


malia has an orthodontic consultation this week. her small mouth has no room for her teeth. she literally has teeth growing on top of teeth. she's nervous about the visit. so is my bank account.

something she's not nervous about? school. she's doing quite well & making lots of friends. i promised her a pair of toms if she makes straight a's on her first report card. i'm not sure why i bribed her offered an incentive...the child's been making straight a's since kindergarten. 

both kids have been taking muy thai kickboxing lessons two times a week. they love it. we're not members of the martial arts studio where they've been training, but i think we'll make it official in october. i love that it helps them learn a skill, build self-esteem & release some extra energy. 

we're getting a new {well, new to us} vehicle this weekend. my parents offered us their minivan. i said yes before discussing it with adam. we need a bigger vehicle. the altima i am currently driving used to be my mom's so we're swapping out cars. works for me!

i'm having a hard time styling my hair. really, i am. i'm not sure why. i mean, there's not much hair at all to style. speaking of hair, i should snap some photos of my bed head. it's crazy, y'all.

we've been dog-sitting my parents' shih tzu, no-no, for the last couple of weeks. she is old. old, nearly blind, arthritic {or she has to be}. she sleeps a lot. but, she's so sweet. and, i truly believe how we care for aging animals is a direct reflection of how we'll take care of our elders {but, don't worry, mom & dad, i won't block you in the kitchen with puppy pads on the floor when y'all get old...promise}. by the way? no-no is short for noel.

our pups love having no-no around. we joke that she's frisco's b.f.f. buxton, on the other hand, annoys the crap out of no-no. how could someone so cute be so annoying??

{sorry about the strategically placed hot pink paw print, but i didn't think you wanted to look at a wang & nuggets}

i'm thinking about giving up caffeine...again. or, maybe i'll just give up soda {mama loves coca-cola}. i don't know. 

as tight as we are living on one income {all the while paying down a mountain of bills}, i feel blessed that i can be at home while i tackle graduate school full-time. i also feel like our children have a better quality of life because of it. one day i'll muster up the courage to finally sub. in the late spring, i'm sure i'll be working temporarily for the same testing company that i did last year. but, for now, i'll keep stressing about our budget & count our blessings. 

and, maybe next week i'll try scheduling posts...again. 

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

wang and nuggets CRACKED ME UP. I think it's time for me to go to bed, lol! This mama can't give up her pepsi. I don't have the willpower, and I'm okay with that :)

Congrats to Adam! & Good luck with the ortho...I had braces TWICE. Ouch.

Sep 21, 2011, 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Classy Fab Sarah said...

Ohhh wang and nuggets. I read the whole post but that part reeeeally sticks with me. Haha sorry!

Sep 22, 2011, 7:16:00 AM  
Blogger AndreaLeigh said...

yay adam! what an accomplishment!

i feel like it is actually harder to style short hair than long hair. you can't just pull it up and go. most mornings I have to wash because my bedhead is so severe.

Sep 22, 2011, 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger La Creative Latina Diva said...

Shell...we have so many similar likes. And like you, I have fallen into a non blogging 'state?', for lack of words. That happens and we will be back, I think?! Yea maybe. But this I know, I am past the feeling like I am leaving people hanging.

See ya when you return. Hugs :)

Sep 22, 2011, 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Amy Lynn said...

Yay for randomness! I love me some Yeta and 70's.... Bed head rocks, I totally want to see a picture. Wang and nuggets had me cracking up too. My mom has an old crabby Shi tzu that we watch all the time. No matter how grumpy and annoying he is, we still love and take care of him, just like I would for my Mom. :-) I gave up caffeine earlier this year, and it was great not being addicted, but I have since caved.. I really should get back to kicking the habit. Good luck! keep up with the blogging... Even if it is just randomness!

Oct 6, 2011, 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi hon, it's your scarf swap partner :) Just stalking your blog :) I loved the wang and nuggets post lol! Hope all is well, i'm excited to get your package out this weekend!

Oct 19, 2011, 10:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home