This Page

has been moved to new address

Ka-boom!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Ka-boom!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ka-boom!

I'm about to blow. It's pretty much guaranteed. I know I am NOT the only woman & mother on the face of this planet who loses her cool and just feels the meltdown coming. No, I'm not talking about my children and their meltdowns. I am talking about mine.

My own hissy fit.

Yes, I am beyond angry and I want to whine about it. I'm having a pity party for poor old me.

So, this whole transition from working outside of the home to working in my home for my husband and father-in-law is not going so well. I just got chewed out (politely) for NOT getting things in the mail fast enough.

Hello?! I'm sorry, but you do remember that I have another job at the moment, right? Yeah, the one at the restaurant where I put in 50-60 hours a week? Yep. That's it. Oh, and you do realize that I DO have two children who are just 4 and 6. It's the last week of Kindergarten so school dismissals are earlier. Oh, and yes, I do have a gigantic mountain of laundry to wash, a house to clean, pets to take care of and a carpet that is in bad need of a good vacuuming and shampooing. Also, don't forget, just because I had the weekend off (which is a miraculous and rare thing in the restaurant biz) does not mean that I am going to pour my precious free time into this new job...especially NOT when my parents are visiting and we are celebrating my son's 4th birthday. By the way -- I thought you were three hours away fishing in a tournament?

*sigh*

Why do I feel the need to make excuses for myself? Because I deserve them. It's bad enough that I get home from work in the wee hours of the morning. I get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep and I'm up by 7:30am to see my daughter off to school. My days are on constant repeat. Work, barely sleep, try to get 20345873496739546 things done in a 3 hour stretch and repeat. And, all the while I'm expected to get "x" amount of things done for the new business. Sure. I mean, tomorrow I'm going to do my best. Yes, I'll be the one toting two kids to the municipal offices to talk about getting a business license and then going to the circuit court building to finish up my notary paperwork. Yes, with two kids in tow. Lucky me.

Why doesn't anyone feel badly for me? Because that "anyone" I am referring to are my husband and father-in-law. Men. They are like two peas in a pod. When they say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree they weren't lying about Adam and his dad. I do not believe it is in their nature to feel badly for anyone...let alone a woman.

I'm not superwoman.

I'll let the house go to shit if need be. I'll sit on my butt watching the Food Network all day long if it buys me some peace & quiet that I so badly deserve. What no one has realized yet is that if I stop, everything else will stop...the dishes, the laundry, the cleaning, the bills, the shopping, etc.

Will I go on strike? No. Going on strike just means more of a mess to clean up later...although I did say just now that I have no problems with letting things fall apart. Ugh. Just the thought of it all going to hell in a handbasket makes me shudder. I'm no Suzy Homemaker but I do try to keep a nice house.

Will I snap? More than likely, but not Jerry Springer style.

Just wait until Adam answers his phone.......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home