This Page

has been moved to new address

The blue eye.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: The blue eye.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The blue eye.

This morning, we woke up to find Frisco's left eye crusted over. Thinking he had a mild case of pink eye {because dogs can get it} we tried cleaning his eye with a warm cloth only to find that it distressed him very much. Also, while cleaning his eye we noticed blood. The blood was coming from his eye.

After a frantic phone call to the emergency vet center, I quickly got myself together and dropped the kids off with our friend, Shannon. Adam headed to the office & I braced myself for a very long and expensive day. After two emergency vet visits & one visit with the veterinary ophthalmologist, we found out that he has a corneal ulcer that ruptured. We're concerned that it may be a puncture wound {we have three cats}, but the vet seems to think that it was just an abrasion gone bad.

At any rate, Frisco's eye will require surgery. Surgery to repair the ulcerated portion of his cornea. Surgery to clean the blood clot in his eye. Surgery to hopefully save his vision. We're not sure whether or not his lens has been damaged by all of this. As of today, he still had light reception in that eye. In the meantime, we have FOUR different medications to put in his eye every THREE hours. Surgery is tomorrow morning at 9am.

I am tired. I am sad & I am tired. My heart is broken. But, my little guy is still his playful, kissy self. The kids are handling the situation well, although there were many tears shed this morning when they did not know why Frisco was bleeding. Aidan & Malia named Frisco's hurt eye 'the blue eye' because of it's milky, cloudy appearance. Hopefully, after tomorrow's surgery, his eye will no longer be blue.

I'll post before & after pics tomorrow. Just keep him in your prayers, please.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger KLC said...

oh my goodness!!! I hope he recovers from surgery asap! Poor little guy, this just breaks my heart! Do you have pet insurance? If not it's obviously too late for this time around, but I think it's well worth the money! We got it for Tucker, his starts Sept. 1st. Check out petinsurance.com. The plan we picked costs about $35 a month and covers a lot, even regular check-ups, we just have a $50 co-pay.

Tucker is a little over 3 months now :)


keep us posted on your poor little pup!!

Aug 20, 2009, 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home