This Page

has been moved to new address

Desperately Seeking Autumn

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Desperately Seeking Autumn

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Desperately Seeking Autumn

I am over the excessive heat.
I am over the ridiculous humidity.
I am over the influx of flies & other annoying bugs.
I am over sweaty pits (ew!).
I am over having to shave my legs all. the. time.
I am over running the air conditioner.
I am over {what seem like} never-ending days.
I am over the heat sucking the life out of anyone & anything.
I am over the traffic.
I am over the tourists.
I am over summer vacation {no, the kids aren't back in school...yet}.

While I will miss the impromptu cookouts, carefree schedules, camping trips & other random family fun, I am definitely READY for a change of seasons {a big change from this past February when I was ready for summer}.

I am ready for cooler weather.
I am ready to open the windows.
I am ready to put on a pair of socks.
I am ready to smell the crisp, autumn air.
I am ready to see the leaves change colors.
I am ready to go to the pumpkin patch.
I am ready for crock pot cooking.
I am ready for earlier sunsets.
I am ready to 'fall back.'
I am ready to put mums out on the front porch.
I am ready for nights by the fire pit.

I am desperately seeking autumn.

I realize there's still over a month of summer left, but I really hope we transition straight into autumn without any of the "Indian summer" ridiculousness.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger R said...

I'm right there with you. I have always loved fall more than any other time of the year so I'm looking forward to cooler temps, cute little sweaters, and football games.

Aug 18, 2009, 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

AMEN! I'm dying to be in our new house, fire in the fireplace, sipping apple cider and watching "you've got mail". that spells out fall to me!

Aug 18, 2009, 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Although it means back to school for me, I agree it's time for something different!

Aug 18, 2009, 6:14:00 PM  
Blogger Brittany Ann said...

I second this! Here, here!

Aug 18, 2009, 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home