This Page

has been moved to new address

$how me the money!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: $how me the money!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

$how me the money!

We hardly EVER buy lottery tickets, but tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is $252 MILLION. The cash option - which we would prefer...if we won...over the annual payments - is $159.2 MILLION {not too shabby}. After taxes, that's still a nice chunk of change!

Of course, it's all about luck & hoping that you're the sole winner of the fortune - Mega Millions is a lottery played in twelve states - because I wouldn't want to share that kind of cash! I know, I know...it's not nice to be greedy, but...

The hubs bought five tickets tonight. The budget isn't going to break if we spend $5 on lottery tickets. I just hope we get lucky...oh, the things I could do & WOULD do with that money...



UPDATE: No, I'm not a gazillionaire. I'm just up a little too early thanks to a pup that had to go pee. We only matched two numbers, BUT...the jackpot is NOW at $325 MILLION for Friday's drawing. Any clue as to what I'll be buying on Friday afternoon on my way home from work? No, not milk & bread...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I have to say that I considered buying some tix when I was in NJ at work today. I daydream about winning that kind of money often :) Good luck!

Aug 25, 2009, 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger RNJen said...

I NEVER play the lottery! However, with a jackpot that big, I think I can manage 5 bucks! That would be a MAJOR return on investment!! =) Wishing you (and myself) luck!

Aug 26, 2009, 8:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lis said...

I love this post!! I bought my first non-scratcher lottery ticket last Friday!! I was convinced I was going to win - lol!!! Clearly I didn't - I won $2 - better than nothing! And I will be using it for this Friday!! Good luck to the both of us!! :)

I would love to do wine soon!! And I'm going to try and post the wine glass tutorial tomorrow depending on how late I get home tonight! (bday party)

how is your precious little Frisco doing? Poor guy has had a rough time!!

Thank you for the realtor info!! Are your friends looking for new agents? Maybe you can take the class w me? :)

Aug 26, 2009, 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger 5th Belle Avenue said...

Good luck!!!! Ohhh if only we could all win the lottery!

Aug 26, 2009, 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh my gosh, that is so much money...I can't even let myself think about what I would do if I won...

Aug 27, 2009, 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home