This Page

has been moved to new address

32 in 9

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: 32 in 9

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

32 in 9

The day is creeping up pretty damn fast. I'll be 32 on the 18th.
Thirty-two. Three. Two. 32.
I'm having a hard time swallowing it.

I don't know why because turning 31 wasn't so bad. Heck, it was a breeze compared to turning 30. Going from 29 to 30 was difficult. I don't know why...it just was. The end of a decade...the beginning of a new one. Saying 30 instead of 29. Writing 30 instead of 29. I was in denial for a while.

I suppose I should look at things on the bright side. It's just 32. It's not one of those "milestone" birthdays. That happened nearly two years ago and the next "milestone" won't happen for another eight years {oh, boy}.

Granted, 32 does have it's perks. Well, for me it does at least {let me gloat for a moment, will ya?}. I still get carded. People have a hard time believing that I really am the mother of two kids. My car insurance is pretty damn cheap. But, it has it's downfalls, too...waxing happens more often now {or at least it should}, my skin needs more moisturizing {fine lines & wrinkles, my ass!} & my freaking hair -- when my roots grow out now they are effing gray! What's up with that?!

*sigh*

OK, I'll be a big girl and just embrace the inevitable. And, on the 18th I will be out & about celebrating the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

We have the same birthday!!! I will be ummmmmmmm.......let's see.......carry the 1....then ......uh, yep.....34 on the 18th!!!!

Now how cool is that???? I will drop in on your blog that day to wish you a great one!!!

I know exactly how you feel...the gray hairs...ewwwwwwwyyyyy!

Sep 9, 2009, 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I had a hard time with 30 also. I just wanted to be able to say that I was still in my 20's. This year, 31 wasn't so bad. I think you look fab for turning 32! 30's are the new 20's and 40's are the new 30's anyway!

That is so cute that your birthday is also your anniversary! I'll make sure to wish you a happy 3rd anniversary and a happy 29th birthday ;)

Sep 9, 2009, 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous J-Ko said...

a fellow virgo? I knew I liked you. Turning 33 on friday (the 11th).
:-)

Sep 9, 2009, 5:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home