This Page

has been moved to new address

Not minding MY P's & Q's

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Not minding MY P's & Q's

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not minding MY P's & Q's

I don't write a lot about work because, well, I just don't. However, every now and again I will say something about work. Just this week I wrote about how I'm fortunate enough to be able to bring my children to work.

Did I also mention how happy I am that school starts next week?

Working full time in an office is one thing. Working full time in an office with kids in tow is another. It's one thing if it's a sick child...a sick child is usually a quiet child. It's another thing if it's just not.

It's just not.

Why is Labor Day so late this year...the kids should be in school already!

It's only been three days, but still...I'm at my wits end. True, I did bring this upon myself because I did not have a sitter lined up for this week. In my defense, I figured, "It's only three days...why not?" This is the LAST TIME I listen to myself!

Fortunately, I work for people who understand, who know, who are parents themselves. We've all been in this predicament at some point. So, for that, I'm thankful. Thankful & lucky.

As for the kids? Well, they're not minding their MY P's & Q's. There's no peace, no quiet. I have no patience...it's nothing quixotic.

Thank goodness all will return to "normal" next week. School will start again and I will - once again - have my days to myself. Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

I'm right there with you. I know I'm very lucky to be able to bring my daughter to work with me. However the fact that she is bored and that she was cooped up in the house since Friday because she was sick, I'm ready to sell her to the gypsies.

Sep 2, 2009, 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger Under this Umbrella said...

Wow...you are a brave woman and your children are certainly lucky to have you!! It's fantastic that you have the option and ability to bring your children to work with you.

Just breathe and start counting down the hours. Think of that GLORIOUS time when you drop them off on Tuesday!

Sep 2, 2009, 9:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home