This Page

has been moved to new address

thankful for drama.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: thankful for drama.

Monday, November 23, 2009

thankful for drama.

It's already been one of those days...it's probably going to be one of those weeks. That's just how the cookie crumbles around here. And, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I figured I would focus on something not so positive & talk about why I am thankful for it.

Strange, huh? Yeah, I thought so. But, this is also {negative} me trying to be more optimistic & positive {so please humor me a little, 'mkay?}.

Today is Monday & I am thankful for all of the drama that surrounds my life. A certain someone told me that I have a crazy life {and that she loves it...really? 'Cause you can have it! Ha!}. I got to thinking about this...

I do have a crazy life. Well, maybe not my life in particular, but everything surrounding my life is. Without going into too much detail {because I don't need any further accusations about myself circulating around out there}, we are - this family that I am married into - the epitome of why there is fun in dysfunction.

What I have witnessed these last couple of years has really opened my eyes as to how things shouldn't be. I am all the more wiser & knowledgeable because of the short-comings, struggles & foolish shenanigans I have seen take place. I feel most fortunate to have grown up in an environment that was the complete opposite of what I'm currently semi-living through. I feel that I am a better person because I now realize & understand how ridiculous & petty crap can be erroneously mistaken for someones good intentions. I have learned that I have been quite naive in the past. Naive to the point of being walked all over...but not anymore. I also feel that I've grown as a parent & have learned some very strong & beneficial lessons of how not to be/act as a caregiver.

The drama is crazy. The drama is usually pure bullshit. But, the drama is drama. It's going to be there no matter what. Sure, I may bitch about it. I may cry about it. But, at least I've learned from it.

And, for that, I am thankful.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Good for you for being optimistic! I'm *sure* it isn't easy!!

Nov 23, 2009, 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

I love how you found the glass half full! But I agree, the drama in ones life provides a learning experience; a step stool in life :)

Nov 23, 2009, 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's amazing how over the years we can suddenly open our eyes and just see how wrong some things are. I love that you are seeing things for what they are, girl!

Nov 23, 2009, 8:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Potts said...

You're so right. Drama is always going to be a part of people's lives, no matter how you try to prevent it. The fact that you learn from it & move on is the biggest thing.

Great insight friend!

Nov 23, 2009, 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home