This Page

has been moved to new address

thankful for words.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: thankful for words.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thankful for words.

Since I'm on my quest to look on the bright side of things, let's continue my twisted thankfulness, shall we?

Today, I am thankful for words. Not just any words. But the bad words. No, not the kind that get you beeped on the radio or TV when you say them {although I DO say my fair share of them}...I'm talking about the kind that hurt. Mean words. False words. Dishonest words. Dare I call them lies? Hmm...probably not because then that would catapult this blog post to a whole 'nother level.

Let's just stick with words. The not-so-nice words.

I've been called a user, an abuser and a straight up loser. {I like how that rhymed & yes, I thought about this line while driving home today from work.}

Accusations, if you will, but to me they are simply words. Words straight out of the mouths of people who can only spit and not speak. Words that really hold no value...especially when spoken about people who are the exact opposite of the words used to describe them...especially when spoken to people who are not easily swayed.

People who choose to say mean things about someone else are usually only doing it to make themselves feel better about some shortcoming in their lives. I mean, misery loves company, right? I include myself in this generalization. I'll admit it...yes, I've been "that" girl before...the one casting stones because I can be catty & gossipy with the best of them. However, things that come out of my mouth are not said in jest. I speak the truth...even when it hurts.

On the flip side, I know what it's like to be hurt by words. Granted, they are just words, but it hurts even more when the words are coming from someone you thought you had the utmost honor & respect for. It's a shame, really. But you know what? It's those very words...those not-so-nice words...that serve as a very firm & {often times} painful reminder that we are all human...we are all not perfect.

And, it's those words...those not-so-nice words {whether said or heard}...that I'm thankful for.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Summer Athena said...

this was a lovely post. so honest and open.
thank you.
xo

Nov 24, 2009, 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home