This Page

has been moved to new address

you're a mean one, mr. grinch.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: you're a mean one, mr. grinch.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

you're a mean one, mr. grinch.

tensions ran high in our household this past saturday.

basically, i woke up in a foul mood & the hubs' mood wasn't any better.

one cranky michelle + one cranky adam = yikes!

we had errands to run. adam wanted to take the kids shopping for my christmas present, but didn't want me around. he didn't like that i told him what i wanted {seriously, it's just a $20 sweater from kohl's}. we needed to go to the bank. we go to the bank & the drive-thru was crazy backed-up and the lobby doors were already closed {even though it was 12:55pm and the bank closed at 1pm}. the kids were thirsty. aidan was whiney. malia was attitude-y. traffic was heavy. the mall was absolutely ridiculous. it was wall-to-wall people and my 'i'm too grown for my own good' children did not want to do anything that remotely resembled holding hands. old navy had absolutely zero $5 zip-up fleece jackets that they were advertising. aidan dropped his milkshake & blamed it on me for shoving him {really?}. adam was hungry but i refused to go back into the mall's food court. chuck e. cheese {need i say more?!} - thank goodness it was packed & we turned the car around.

after a late lunch/early dinner at a chinese buffet and a quick trip to petsmart we were finally homebound.

i was still reeling in my anger. why, i don't know. i woke up in a bad mood. due to the holidays? maybe. due to not having a job? maybe. stressing about money? maybe. just because? yes.

because - in all honesty - there was really nothing to be angry or upset about. everything that happened or took place during the day was trivial. typical holiday issues. typical kid issues. typical issues. nothing to sweat. nothing to really piss you off. but, i. just. was.

i was the freakin' grinch.

{source}


thank goodness when i woke up on sunday morning all was 'normal' again. and, thank goodness, when i woke up on sunday morning i didn't actually look like that either {because that's exactly how i felt deep down inside on saturday}.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Classy Fab Sarah said...

Those $5 Old Navy fleeces? Sold out in 5 minutes at our store. You'd think if they'd advertised SUCH a stellar deal they'd have stepped up the stock a bit... but apparently not.

Dec 15, 2009, 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Under this Umbrella said...

We all have those days. I have certainly have my share, Mr. and the kids do too. Glad all was well the next day and if anyone could rock the Grinch look, it would be you. :)

Dec 15, 2009, 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, girl, I so know the feeling. I hate it when I wake up and I'm already pissed off at the world!

And that sucks about the Old Navy fleece. Figures that would happen--they advertise like crazy and are always sold out. Boo!

xoxo

Dec 16, 2009, 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Susannah said...

I'm just now reading this post, but GOD I was SO EFFING GRINCHY TODAY! I'm glad to know this is normal and happens to other people too! I just wrote a post about it.
:D

Dec 19, 2009, 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home