This Page

has been moved to new address

small talk six - i hate grocery shopping.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: small talk six - i hate grocery shopping.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

small talk six - i hate grocery shopping.


really, i do.

i especially hate it because it seems like we're always at super walmart {sundays are the worst!}. i suppose i could shop somewhere else, but i honestly get the most bang for my buck at super walmart. but {and there's always a but} they reel you in & you almost always end up leaving with much more than the, oh...say, SIX items that were on your list.

so, for today's small talk six session over at momdot, name six items that are on your grocery/shopping list every week. are you ready for my list? don't get too excited. it's pretty damn boring if you ask me. {make sure you've had some coffee before reading this because it's guaranteed that you'll yawn...}
  1. bread - i try to buy 'healthy' bread {like a honey wheat or 12-grain} but we recently fell in love with italian sammich bread. i honestly don't remember the brand of italian bread that we usually get, but imagine my surprise when i discovered that pepperidge farm makes an italian wheat loaf. it's very yummy. very, very yummy.
  2. milk - milk consumption has decreased in our home, but we still go through about a gallon a week {it used to be nearly three a week when the kids were much younger}. once upon a time we had our milk delivered, but it just became more cost effective to buy it ourselves from the store. we almost always buy organic milk, too. too bad walmart doesn't sell organic milk by the gallon...yet.
  3. eggs - i swear we just need to get a couple of chickens and keep them in our backyard. i buy eggs by the 18-pack. the 18-pack, people!
  4. coca-cola - we love caffeine. 'nuff said. side story: my husband is notorious for leaving the empty case of cokes next to the fridge...and i always chuckle whenever he reaches into that {empty} box for a coke and is suddenly let down. ha ha ha.
  5. coffee creamer - speaking of caffeine, we need something to pour into our cuppa every morning. we own a keurig & lve it. adam goes through a ridiculous amount of creamer. he prefers international delights french vanilla or caramel brownie whatever or the dulce de leche or whatever other sweet concoction they have. i'm still not over the fact that i can no longer get coffeemate's peppermint mocha creamer anymore. i'm so sad.
  6. lunch meat & cheese - so this is like a 'two for one' kind of thing. and, yes, i'm cramming one extra thing into a list of six. however, this goes with the bread...and lunch meat & cheese go hand in hand. all four of us pack a lunch. needless to say, we eat a lot of sammiches. sometimes, we buy our meat from the deli. other times, we just buy it off the shelf. we love roast beef & turkey. and, imagine my delight when my children declared that muenster cheese was their favorite {because i cannot stand american cheese}.
so, what's on your shopping list?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

we get coffeemate italian sweet cream... it's not super sugary, so even i'll drink it... but we saw peppermint mocha the other day at kroger... do you not have it anymore?

Mar 6, 2010, 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger I am Harriet said...

I've had the same hubby issue too :)


Enjoy your weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/see-told-ya-so-were-overweight-due-to-a-scientific-reason/

Mar 6, 2010, 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jamie Lynn said...

Funny because I'm about to go to the grocery store and I have my list in front of me. What's always on my list?
Milk - we go through about 3 gallons a week still.
Coffee - Hubby thinks I should buy stock in it
Zone Perfect Bars - chocolate/PB protein and it tastes like a candy bar. It's my must have.
Goldfish - the kids chow through those cheesy little crackers like the world's about to end.
Wow, mine isn't even half as exciting as yours. Oh and I hate Walmart too but it's a necessary evil.

Mar 6, 2010, 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Mandi @ Mandi Minding Money said...

Sounds so similar to mine!

Mar 6, 2010, 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you have been awarded the Sugar Doll Award!
http://www.blabbergirl.com/2010/03/im-famous-sugar-doll-award.html

Mar 6, 2010, 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Brittany Ann said...

Seriously...I can't buy enough eggs!

Mar 6, 2010, 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

always...
milk, creamer, cereal (we do 2-3 boxes a week! it kills me!), kid "snacks", tomatoes (I LOVE THEM!).

I hate grocery shopping too! whenever i'm pregnant my husband pretty much takes over the grocery shopping because i can't handle the grocery stores (due to morning sickness, or just being too tired! ha!) love him for that :)

Mar 8, 2010, 4:17:00 AM  
Blogger beckylbranch said...

I miss the seasonal coffee creamers too! I liked the eggnog one :( You do go through them eggs too! Thank you for your sweet comment....it's been a rough week but I know we'll make it! The 9 months of a period is so right! ugh!

Mar 9, 2010, 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Sorry that you hate grocery shopping...I LOVE it. I'm not really sure why...I just do. Except when my husband goes with me and adds a crazy amount of "junk" to our cart.

Mar 20, 2010, 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home