This Page

has been moved to new address

a jolt to the bladder.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: a jolt to the bladder.

Friday, April 22, 2011

a jolt to the bladder.

you're familiar with the newest beverage size at starbucks, right?  no?  you're not? 

well, i am.

meet the trenta, 31 ounces of iced coffee goodness:

{a horribly fantastic cell phone pic of my trenta iced
hazelnut breve coffee}

i meet up with this gal & this gal about once a week for coffee.  about a month ago, during one of our friday morning coffee dates, i decided to take the plunge and "trenta size" my beverage.  whoa.

yes, whoa.

caffeine doesn't really do much for me {since i consume so much of it}, but let me tell you i got one heck of a work out that day because all i did was walk back & forth to the bathroom!  caffeine is a diuretic.  diuretics make you pee.  a lot. 

the drink was good, don't get me wrong. 

oh, and not only did i pee all day long, but i also didn't have much of an appetite either.  why?  well, the average human stomach has a capacity of about 900 ml.  the trenta?  um, it's about 916 ml of caffeinated liquid goodness.*

i'm not knocking the trenta.  in fact, if you're an iced coffee fan like i am, then i say try it.  if you don't like iced coffee, you can try iced tea in it.  you only live once, so why not, right?


*click here if you want a diagram of the sizes in comparison to a human stomach.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Susannah said...

Wow, that's a lot of liquid! Not sure I could hang!

Apr 22, 2011, 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger rachel said...

Love the diagram... I read some of the comments on there... one user said she liked it because she doesn't have to get up from her desk until lunch. Mmmm... if I drank that much, I'd be up way before lunch time... ( ;

Apr 22, 2011, 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger the workaholic momma said...

i've been wondering about this new size!!! I'll have to try it out sometime - when I can afford to spend a good part of day running back and forth to the RR!!

Apr 22, 2011, 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Ha, on a business trip recently I drank two (not one, two) Trenta skinny green tea lemonades.

Apr 30, 2011, 2:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home