This Page

has been moved to new address

thursday randoms.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: thursday randoms.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

thursday randoms.

it's been a week since i blogged about my not-so-pleasant encounter with a rude friend. thank you for your sweet comments. it's unfortunate that someone had to say something about my hair cut, but whatever. as ron white says, "you can't fix stupid."

now, on to more pressing issues...thursday randoms...
  • i missed practicum this week. sad. but, considering part of my rotation is in a toddler room and i woke up with a sore throat & congestion on monday morning, well, i think i made the right decision by staying home. i suppose i should mention, too, that i was in bed by 8pm on sunday {midnight is usually my bedtime} and i had the chills, too. fast forward to wednesday morning when i nearly barfed all over myself. yeah, spending the day in a first grade classroom would not have been smart. i'm really hoping that i start feeling better by the weekend.
  • and, just so we're straight, this {what seems like} week-long illness does not indicate in any way whatsoever that i could be pregnant. no way, jose.
  • adam has been laying tile at a friend's house in the afternoon after work & on the weekend. her house flooded during hurricane irene and, unfortunately, she & her family are still trying to get the house back in order. i'm glad adam is so generous with his time and is able to help.
  • it's hard to believe that i have a month left before final exams. the fall semester seems to be zipping by! i'll be receiving my masters degree in no time! {four more education classes, two general ed classes & 14 weeks of student teaching is all that i have left...}
  • i replaced my daughter's TOMS {they fell apart after three weeks & nordstrom gladly exhanged them for me} and i also exchanged my pair {they were unworn, but the same style that fell apart}. now i'm thinking about taking mine back. i still have not worn them. they seemed like a good idea at the time...
  • writing my 2 on tuesday post made me sad. and mad. i'm still pissed that some of my jewelry is missing. still no explanation. still haven't heard from the friend i accused. actions speak louder than words, huh?
  • my erin condren order arrived on wednesday afternoon. that means i'm no longer stalking the fedex website for my package's whereabouts.
  • our family photo shoot was postponed to this weekend. last weekend the weather was awful. well, it was partly cloudy, but it was windy as hell. i kind of wish we would have taken at least one photo on the beach. you know, getting sand blasted. it would have made for a very funny holiday card, don't ya think??
  • i learned a new knitting stitch this week. it's pretty & a nice change from the seed stitch that i usually knit. and, because learning one new stitch isn't enough, i'm also trying to master a different, more complicated {to me} stitch as well. you know, while i'm juggling grad school, being sick, my own kids...no wonder i am sick.
  • i plan on posting pictures {and prices} some of my scarves at some point over the weekend. to see one that i recently knitted, check out this post at life with the haas'.
  • i went to the eye doctor last week. i'm getting reading glasses. they should help out with the headaches i've been having lately. 
  • did you enter my tiny prints giveaway yet? if not, you better. i'm choosing a winner on saturday morning!
and, because i feel i should include a picture, i'll leave you with a {crappy cell phone picture} of a pretty magical spot in my city. whenever i meet this girl & that girl for coffee at one of our favorite local coffee shops, i take the back roads which allow me to drive past a marshy area. one morning on the way to coffee, i noticed the birds. on the way home, i stopped {yep, i put the quest in park in the middle of the road} and took this picture from the driver's seat...


seriously, it's magical. the amount of snow white egrets & herons & other feathered friends hidden in this swampy part of the woods is amazing.

happy thursday, y'all!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Whitney Caroline Designs said...

What a picture! Just wanted to say I love you lots sweet friend!

Nov 10, 2011, 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kasey said...

I hope you feel better soon! Yay for Erin Condren, though. I got mine on Tuesday and it feels so strange to not be stalking FedEx. ;-)

That photo is fabulous!! I love it. That would make a great backdrop for some wedding photos. It's like a fairy tale.

Nov 10, 2011, 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

What a great picture!!! What stitch are you learning?! You know...I think I might owe you an email from earlier in the week. If I do, I promise I'll respond tonight. :-)

Nov 10, 2011, 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww I am so sorry you are sick, take care of you! It seems like we are both about the same level in our education classes, so if you ever need help, I would be happy to help!

I cannot wait to see the scarves post- I would defientely love to get more because the one you made me is GORGEOUS!!! I have tried to knit before and couldn't but I so want to try again- definetely a skill I would love to have.

Nov 11, 2011, 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

i need to get myself a pair of TOMS and what did you order from Erin Condren? That picture is just beautiful! New follower :) diesunddas33.blogspot.com

Nov 13, 2011, 8:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home