This Page

has been moved to new address

April Fool's, right?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: April Fool's, right?

Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's, right?

I called my mortgage company on Wednesday afternoon to ask a question.

The guy I spoke to told me that we were delinquent. Do-whaaa?

What do you mean, delinquent?

He responds to me, "Ma'am, you're behind for the month of April. I'm not showing a payment yet."

Are you effin' serious crazy in your skull?? I mean, seriously serious? (Yes, I say seriously a LOT.) I literally wanted to jump through the phone, grab him by his shoulders and shake him. I mean, to me, behind for the month April means that the month has come and gone and a payment still hasn't been made...NOT if your current month's payment isn't made by the 1st of that particular month.

So, ladies and gentlemen, yes, according to GMAC Mortgage we are delinquent on our mortgage for the month of April. A mortgage payment that has been due for one freakin' day! ONE! I guess that 15-day grace period doesn't mean jack shit to GMAC Mortgage...I know I'm not the only homeowner who uses a few days of the grace period, right? I mean, it's only Thursday...the 1st of the month was YESTERDAY!

All I can do is laugh...and quote Jay-Z again.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Furious Mom said...

Wow that is crazy, I can't believe they consider the payment overdue. I consider a late payment at the end of the month.

Apr 2, 2009, 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am all about the grace period especially these days.

Apr 2, 2009, 7:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When they say the 1st-they really mean BEFORE the 1st.

...but did you get the answer to your question?

Apr 3, 2009, 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

WOW! I use my grace days depending on when L gets paid!

That said. VW does that to me as well.

Apr 3, 2009, 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the ding-dongs I deal with at my mortgage company! :-)

But, since the whole "you're delinquent for the month of April" crud even better things have happened with them. Seriously. I'm not being sarcastic. At all. (why do I feel that you guys aren't believing me?! LOL)

Apr 6, 2009, 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home