This Page

has been moved to new address

La-La-La-La-La-La Last Friday Night!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: La-La-La-La-La-La Last Friday Night!

Monday, June 8, 2009

La-La-La-La-La-La Last Friday Night!

I survived last Friday night's monsoon and made it to my first NKOTB concert ever. I'll admit, I had mixed feelings about it. One minute I would be excited, the next minute I would feel silly and then I just didn't really care much for going. Yeah. Can you say indecisive?

Anyways, I had fun. Too much fun. Not as much fun as some of my friends did (um, hello, you did WHAT to Donnie WHERE at 4am?...no, it wasn't like THAT...come on, my girlfriends are much classier than you are thinking), but I had fun nonetheless. My scratchy voice and pounding head the next morning were proof of just how much fun I had. Twenty years later, the New Kids on the Block could still bring it. They still had the right stuff. They were still hangin' tough.

I think the highlight of the night was when they raced down the walkway behind our box seats and scattered throughout the audience to sing. Joey Mac was less than 25 feet from us and when they were done singing they raced back by us and we did our best to molest touch them as they ran by. You had best believe there was some squealing & high-fiving going on when I laid my left hand upon Joey Mac's chest as he ran by. There was even more squealing & high-fiving when my friend, Catrina, touched Donnie and she got some of his perspiration on her hand. Yeah, we're not hard to please.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are pictures that I took before the show at dinner and during the show. Please pardon my less than spectacular photography skills. I was armed with my point-and-shoot Kodak and I was pretty much double-fisted the whole evening. He he he.



And, just in case you didn't get enough of my love, Joey Mac, then here's a poorly taken video (it's the camera, I swear!)...it's just a minute of fun. I'm warning you now...turn down your volume if you have it up because I DO have a set of lungs on me and, yes, that is me you hear screaming (gee...I wonder why my voice was scratchy the next morning??). And, if you get motion sickness, you probably shouldn't watch - it was hard to hold up my camera, drink my beer, dance, jump & scream all at the same time. It really was.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


I - along with a bazillion other women - had fun reliving my junior high school days last Friday night. Now, I'm ready to see them all over again.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! :D I'm glad you had such a good time!! And tell the truth, you know it was more like molest than touching!! LOL Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

Jun 9, 2009, 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

That is so fun that you got to go to the NKOTB concert! My inner-teenager would have come out from hiding. Joey Mac was so close to you guys...love it!

That is so cool that you and Lis met up today. That was a fab Vera bag that you gave away too :)

Jun 9, 2009, 9:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Laith said...

Can not believe I haven't read your post about the concert until today!! Love it!! What an incredibly FUN night. Thanks for hooking a girl up!! For what its worth, even though it was my 5th NKOTB concert since their reunion it was one of my all time favorites!! Thanks again!! :)

Mar 31, 2010, 2:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home