This Page

has been moved to new address

PRODUCT REVIEW - Dove's Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: PRODUCT REVIEW - Dove's Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture

Friday, September 11, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW - Dove's Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture

About a month ago I was asked to try a few of Dove's newest body washes. Over the last few years, I've been quite loyal to my body wash brand of choice {a pricier option by a pretty well-known women's skincare & beauty line}, but I was interested in the chance to try something new. As we all know, Dove is a very reputable brand - it's been around for 50 years & it's dermatologist recommended - and it's also very affordable.

So, what was so special about these NEW Dove body washes? Imagine my surprise when I read that most all body washes on the market dry out your skin. Apparently, the body washes break down the proteins & the lipids in the skin's most outer layer which leads to tight, dry skin. Some body washes try to combat this by adding heavy moisturizers; however, the heavy moisturizers only temporarily alleviate the dry skin issue and don't really address the fact that those damaged lipids in your skin need some TLC, too.

Dove has found a way to combat the dryness by using this:




What's nutrium moisture? It's a formula of soybean oil & natural lipids that are able to penetrate deep into the skin's layers to nourish & replenish the skin...all the while maintaining & repairing the skin's protective layer while you cleanse your body. Dove stands firm in the fact that their body washes with nutrium moisture are the only products of it's kind on the market & that clinical studies show that using the product reduces dryness and improves moisturization.


Dove's body wash with nutrium moisture comes in three formulas - deep moisture, sensitive skin & gentle exfoliating - and I had the opportunity to try all three.


I took every bit of one month to try out these body washes. I was a bit hesitant at first just because I am such a creature of habit and really loved the body wash brand I had been using for years. But, dare I say that I am actually quite happy with the results of using Dove's products and my view on body washes has changed??

I do suffer from dry skin. I have eczema {granted, it's on my hands only, but still}. I am pretty careful about the products I use on my body because I don't want to have some wonky reaction. I had nothing to worry about with Dove's body washes. Each had a pleasant scent and cleansed my skin well. I left the shower feeling clean & the body wash didn't leave a greasy feeling to my skin. I also loved how the body washes left a light scent on my skin {yes, I actually caught myself sniffing my arm one day}. I've noticed that my skin looks healthier {if that makes sense} and my skin isn't so tight & itchy anymore. My husband tried out the body washes & loves them, too. And, right now, I have the sensitive skin formula in my children's bathtub & they enjoy using the product, too.

Out of all three body washes, my absolute favorite is the gentle exfoliating formula. It has small, blue microbeads that lightly scrub your skin and help get rid of the funky dead skin cells & other gunk that's on your skin. It's not a harsh scrub and it's gentle enough to use on a daily basis.

This is definitely a drugstore product that's worth checking out. I found it in my local Wal-Mart.

For more information on this product, please check out this link.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Sweet post. While I really don't take the whole "demonstration" seriously (with the beads and blue stuff in the jar*...*laugh* I was sort of wondering if it made your skin greasy? My skin is sorta oily...but I just use bar soap and it gets dry..

Sep 12, 2009, 1:14:00 AM  
Blogger Lis said...

Awesome - I am obsessed with the Philosphy washes (as you know! lol - and hey Ulta sells Philosphy now!!!! woo hoo!) but I MAY try this out - my skin gets so freaking dry in the winter! :) Thanks for the review!!

How are things going? I was thinking of emailing you and Whitney Caroline and some of the other local bloggers to see about setting up a va beach blogger meet up type thing - what do you think?

Sep 13, 2009, 2:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home