This Page

has been moved to new address

8 years ago...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: 8 years ago...

Friday, September 11, 2009

8 years ago...

Our daughter was nearly 6 months old & we were on our way to see Daddy {you know him as the hubs}. We spent the weekend with Daddy in Washington, D.C. He was working on a school in NW Washington, D.C. and living temporarily in College Park, Maryland at the time. During the drive to Maryland, we drove by the Pentagon while Lee Greenwood's "Proud To Be An American" played on the radio.

If we only knew...

Fast forward to the following Monday...September 11th. I went to work on what I thought was "just another Monday." My mother called me first. She said something bad, something very bad, has happened. She wanted to know if Adam was OK {since he was working in D.C}. I didn't know why. My cell phone kept ringing. Friends were calling wanting to know if Adam was OK. But, why? Only then did I find out about the World Trade Center...and the Pentagon...and eventually about the Pennsylvania plane crash.

Of course, I couldn't get through to Adam because by that time all circuits were busy.

Our office had a small television set & everyone in our department was glued to it. It was a very somber day. Very somber. I'll never forget.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This gave me chills just reading it! Thank God we can say we are still with our families! God bless those who can't!

Sep 11, 2009, 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home