This Page

has been moved to new address

This is a stick up!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: This is a stick up!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

This is a stick up!

Well, no...it wasn't.

But, I did feel semi-violated.

I was at the mall today with my mother and we went into Old Navy to look around. My mother and I were checking out the $30 cashmere sweaters (aaaahhh!) and I walked by a woman. She said hello to me and I smiled. I figured she was just being nice. Well, she said hello again and this time walked up to where my mother and I were standing.

My mother walked away...thanks, Mom!

She had a notebook in her hand and some pamphlets and a sign-up sheet. She was asking for donations for a group that sent Christmas gifts to children in Asia. Where in Asia? I don't know. What was the name of the group? I don't know. What was HER name? I don't know. She just wanted my money. I noticed that there were four people on her list with their donations listed next to them.

Don't get me wrong people, I'm not a scrooge. I'm not stingy in the slightest and I do like to help different charities and fundraising groups. However, I am NOT fine with being solicited in the mall while I'm in a store. I don't know if that lady was crossing any "go out and ask people for donations" line, but I really did not appreciate being approached like I was. Perhaps it is no different than someone knocking on my front door, but I just found the whole situation odd.

Needless to say, I did not donate any money. I didn't get a cashmere sweater either.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I refuse to give money to random people soliciting for (insert cause here).
It's not scrooge like-there's no way of knowing if you're giving to a legit cause or donating to pharmaceuticals for the greedy. ;)

Dec 22, 2008, 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home