This Page

has been moved to new address

Kidlet update

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Kidlet update

Friday, January 2, 2009

Kidlet update

So, the kids are in Connecticut with my parents. They made it safe & sound to my sister's house late in the afternoon on New Year's Eve. They survived driving north on the New Jersey Turnpike in the snow. They made it through crazy holiday traffic. And, they even survived a trip to the mall in Danbury, CT in order to outfit my kids with proper winter gear (thank goodness...my kids don't own boots made to be worn in the snow!).

The kids made snow angels in my sister's front yard on NYE. Aidan conked out well before midnight and Malia stayed up to watch The Jonas Brothers on the Dick Clark NYE special (speaking of Dick Clark, oh, how my heart ached for that man when I saw him on television). Malia called just after midnight to wish Adam and I a very happy new year. She was drinking her "champagne" (a.k.a., sparking grape juice). My father informed me that they would be building snowmen on new year's day.

My mom called us yesterday to see how things were coming along with our kitchen sink and also to let us know that they were headed to Avon, CT to visit with my cousin, Vivian, and her family. The kids are excited about seeing their cousins and playing in the snow...again!

I'm not sure when they will be headed back to Virginia. I know Malia and Aidan are having a great time with Po Po and Gung Gung and I'm sure Auntie Monica & Uncle James are having fun with the kids as well. I really wish I chould be there with them...but this thing called work (oh, and those unexpected household repairs) kinda keep me from heading out of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home