This Page

has been moved to new address

Snickerdoodles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: Snickerdoodles

Monday, December 22, 2008

Snickerdoodles

I baked cookies tonight. Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I don't bake cookies...and, if I do, it's with some help from Toll House or Pillsbury from the refrigerated section of Wally World.

Anyway, I decided to bake cookies tonight...I wanted something simple to make and something I could make without having to go to the store. So, I made Snickerdoodles. I used a recipe that I found at allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Snickerdoodles-III/Detail.aspx

Surprisingly, they turned out quite well. I was a bit worried at first because I'm NOT used to cookie dough...I'm used to cake batter and the consistency of cake batter, so when it started becoming difficult to stir the cookie mixture I started to panic, but Adam reassured me that it's called cookie DOUGH for a reason...duh (I have been told...no offense to my blonde friends, that I am the blondest Asian, or Asian-American, on the face of the planet...but that's a different blog entry!).

So, I got the cookie dough made, rolled out 1 inch balls and coated them in a cinnamon/sugar mixture and baked them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. I don't know if I found a recipe that I really liked and worked well with or if it's my Pampered Chef cookie sheets, but they turned out perfect!

I have some already packaged up for Aidan's teachers at Childtime since tomorrow is his last day of daycare until school starts again in January. The kids each had one for dessert...they loved them! And, Adam said they were great. So, I am thinking tomorrow I'll head to Wally World during my lunch break and pick up some more flour, sugar and eggs (since I used the last two eggs tonight) and make some more Snickerdoodles tomorrow night.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home