This Page

has been moved to new address

THERE'S NO TURNING BACK...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: THERE'S NO TURNING BACK...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

THERE'S NO TURNING BACK...

I just overheard the kids having a very heated discussion about how you cannot turn back into a baby. I don't know if my son is having some anxiety about turning six in June, but I could hear him in the living room telling his sister that he was quite certain that on June 1st (which isn't even his birthday) he would turn back into a baby.

Apparently, on the first of June, my son will reincarnate (or is it reinvent?) himself as a baby...cries, whines and all. (Wait...we still still with that on a regular basis now.) But, not only will he become a baby on June 1st, but he'll also go back into my tummy. Those were his words.

As soon as he said that my daughter piped up and said, very insistently, that he could NOT turn back into a baby and that he certainly could NOT go back into my tummy.

She kept saying, "No, no, no...no, you can't. You can't turn back into a baby. You can't go back in Mommy's tummy. Daddy, tell him that he can't do that. People just can't do that!"

No, son, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no you cannot turn back into a baby and you sure as hell cannot go back into my tummy. Try as you might, it's just not gonna happen. When I was pregnant with you, you stayed in an extra week and had to be evicted...if it didn't work then, it's not gonna work now. The little happy baby place in my tummy has long been shut down and it's no longer open for business. You'll just have to suck it up and turn six and act like a big boy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home