This Page

has been moved to new address

worry & cuppycakes.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Stuttering Shell: worry & cuppycakes.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

worry & cuppycakes.

you wouldn't be surprised if i told you that things have been quite stressful lately. just when things seem ok, they get worse. but, whatever. i can't do anything about it except to try not to worry about it, right? {did that even make sense?}

i watched dave ramsey the other night and he was quoting dale carnegie. basically, what i got out of the program {which happened to be on bankruptcy - not something relevant to us...i just like to listen to dave ramsey talk about finances} was this:

80% of what we worry about will never happen.

so, where am i going with this? absolutely nowhere. well, except for the fact that i have it drilled into my sweet little head that i have to stop worrying. because, honestly folks, worrying could be considered one of my talents.

therefore, in light of the stress & the worry, i decided to treat myself to something sweet. i would just like to say that i had every intention of only getting ONE cupcake, but i left the store yesterday afternoon with a DOZEN.

of course, there are a couple missing in the picture...


during lunch, i ventured over to just cupcakes. i went for a pink ribbon cupcake {they call it the cupcake for a cure}. i got one four {they were done two ways - vanilla with pink ribbon sprinkles & chocolate with pink sugar}. oh, and two pumpkin spice. and two frankly scarletts {a.k.a. red velvet}. and two m's cupcakes. AND, two choco-coco. they are delicious. such a sinful treat for someone who is watching her budget and is perfectly capable of baking her own yummy goodness at home.

but, who could resist?

of course, now what am i doing? worrying. i'm worried about how i can justify having a cupcake at every meal. yes, even breakfast. i'm staring at a pumpkin spice cuppycake right now.

oh, boy.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

worrying could be considered one of my best talents too! So you are definitely not alone! And your post did make sense but try not to worry! I (trust me, I know!) know it is hard but it is all you can do :)

Oct 15, 2009, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Ink Obsession Designs said...

You are so not alone with the worrying - I always try to tell myself that whatever I'm worrying about probably won't happen, but I still do it. Ugh.

Oct 15, 2009, 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Potts said...

Those cupcakes look so super yummy!

I like that fact - 80% of what we worry about never happens.

Oct 15, 2009, 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Summer Athena said...

lovey, a friend once told me that worry was like a rocking chair. it helps to pass the time but it never gets you anywhere. i love it.

and please, eat those cuppycakes before i do.

still laughing at the i bought one. but really 4. lol.

Oct 15, 2009, 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Classy Fab Sarah said...

If I lived closer I'd be happy to come take one of them off your hands...

Oct 15, 2009, 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger BroncoMom said...

Every once in awhile you gotta eat a cuppycake for breakfast. That's what makes being an adult fun.
GO FOR IT GIRL!!! Let me know if you indulge, and then I will also :)
BroncoMOM

Oct 15, 2009, 5:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I worry about everything like it is my job, so I can understand. I hope that everything gets better. Those cupcakes look delicious and like they could definitely make my day!

Oct 16, 2009, 8:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

comments from you make me smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home